Laying the foundations for a strong marriage
Connect2 Marriage Preparation
Connect2 Marriage Preparation Workshop aims to help couples address issues that they may face as newlyweds, build a solid foundation in the early years and learn how to really love each other — for life!
We used to resolve conflict by letting the matter rest, or having one party give in. After attending Connect2, we learnt a variety of communication techniques to aid us in conflict resolution and the importance of addressing issues as quickly as possible. I also appreciated the facilitators’ honest sharing of their own experiences; it gave us great insight as to what to expect in our marriage.
– Workshop Participant
Who should attend?
Duration of workshops
- Sessions 1 & 2: Online via Zoom (2.5h each)
- Session 3: Onsite in-person at the Focus Singapore office (3h)
- Facilitated by a trained husband-wife couple
- Insightful & practical tips
- Group discussions (6-10 couples)
- Activities for individual couples
Fee: $380 per couple
The fee is inclusive of:
- $70 rebate* upon completion of the workshop
- Marriage resources
- Participants’ workbooks
- Couple Checkup™ – An online relationship assessment (find out more)
- An English-speaking licensed solemniser (if required)
Please note that the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) requires the following for the $70 rebate:
- Full attendance at the workshop
- Both parties must be above 21 years old
- One or both parties must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
*Please note that the rebate may take an estimated 2 to 3 months to be processed.
For more information on the mandatory Early Marriage Support Programme for minor couples, please refer to the MSF website.
What to expect
- Understand what love, marriage and your vows symbolise
- Identify each other's differences and love languages - how to engage in effective communication
- Manage healthy conflict and have a good grasp on your family finances
- Understand sexual intimacy, the importance of romance and family planning
- Learn how to manage expectations from your spouse, children, in-laws while balancing work-life
Connect2 is an initiative by Focus on the Family Singapore to help married couples nurture and grow their relationship.